Covenant Partners –
September is the month to nominate Leadership Board members for 2018-2019 terms.
The Leadership Board acts in an advisory capacity for the corporate entity of the church. Board members are elected to two-year terms. The Board accepts nominations from the church body in September of each year for the purpose of nominating persons to fill upcoming vacancies on the Board. According to the CIL bylaws, The Leadership Board shall consist of not less than three and no more than nine members, exclusive of the Lead Pastor.
The Leadership Board shall consist of Covenant Partners of CIL. The qualifications and requirements include:
1) Theological agreement with the core beliefs of the Church in both practice and belief
2) Philosophical agreement with the vision of the Lead Pastor
3) Covenant Partner in good standing with the Church for a minimum of two years.
4) A visibly consistent, mature Christian witness
5) Faithful in church attendance
6) If married, spouse must be faithful in church attendance at CIL
7) Involved in a small group (242, Women’s, Men’s, etc.)
8) One who tithes
9) Active in at least one service ministry (such as mowing, parking lot, usher, greeter, children, youth, counting team, cleaning crew, communion etc.)
10) Handles personal finances appropriately
11) Willing to attend bi-monthly Leadership Board meeting
The Board reviews the list of nominations and conducts interviews to determine qualifications. The Board then approves the most qualified persons from the slate of nominees. The Lead Pastor calls a meeting of church covenant partners by written notice or electronic communication for the purpose of ratifying the nominees by the end of the year.
Here is a list of current Leadership Board members whose terms will expire on December 31, 2017. These current members are eligible to be nominated for the 2018-2019 term.
The following Leadership Board members have terms that automatically continue until December 31, 2018.
A nomination box will be available at the Communication Counter in the lobby, stating Sunday, September 3. It will remain available through Sunday, September 27.
Thanks for your thoughtful and prayerful consideration!