BizWise Comes to CIL Starting March 9
Be a better leader at your company, in your social circles, at church and with your family.
Can you be a better leader at your company, in your social circles, at church and with your family? Probably. There have been libraries of books written about leadership. “Seven Qualities for This,” “100 Reasons for That,” “Guaranteed Success If… (fill in the blank).” How do you sift through the onslaught of books, blogs, webinars and conferences to find the real gems that might actually be useful in your life?
How about some help?
You are invited to BizWise, an initiative of CIL member Paul Jackson in cooperation with CIL. No dues, no subscriptions, no sales pitch; just biweekly gatherings where Paul will lead a discussion based on a carefully selected book, blog, video or article from a noted Christian leader and how (or if) the topic can be applied in the participants’ lives. Paul has worked with nationally known Christian leaders and has started and managed both for-profit and non-profit businesses. The discussions will be most relevant for men and women who are business leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs. BizWise is not a Bible study group per se, but participants will consider scripture resources for wisdom and guiding principles in their discussions. Topics will be published in advance for a given semester so participants can anticipate the discussion topics for each gathering. All sources for the discussion topics will be posted on a BizWise blog so that participants can delve more deeply into the material if it is helpful and post comments.
BizWise gatherings will initially be held at CIL every other Thursday at 6:30 pm beginning March 9. Non-CIL members/attendees are also welcome. A light food service will be provided. The initial discussion will be presented in a TedTalk style of no more than 15 minutes. Discussion will follow about how applying the topic could help become better leaders in the participants’ individual life situations. Here are the topics for the gatherings this spring.
- March 9 – My Favorite Question to Ask by Dr. Burt Lohoff-Gaida
- March 16 – Essential Questions in Life – Video – Dean James Ryan, Dean of Harvard Graduate School of Education
- March 23, 30, April 6,13 – Heroic Leadership by Chris Lowney (4 sessions)
- April 20 – Great Decision Making -Phil Krone, President of Productive Strategies, Inc., Northfield, Illinois
- April 27 – Leadership Planning – From Dave Ramsey Entre Leadership Webinar
- May 4 – 12 Questions Leaders Ask Other Leaders – Paul Sloane author of How to be a Brilliant Thinker
- May 11 – C.H.A.M.P.I.O.N.S. by Mike Cowart
- May 18 – Working with Those Millennials – Dan Negroni, Speaker, Attorney, Business Consultant, Author of Chasing Relevance: 6 Steps to Understand, Engage and Maximize Next Generation Leaders in the Workplace
- May 25 – 3 Questions to Ask your Kids Every Day – Meg Conley is a writer, speaker, wife and mother
If you have any questions about BizWise, please email Paul Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org